When you live in Ruston, LA, you know how the summers can get hot and humid. And when the temperatures rise, so do the humidity levels. High humidity, in addition to being uncomfortable, can also cause problems for your home. At Albritton Service Co, we are dedicated to the comfort and complete satisfaction of our customers.
Our technicians are NATE-certified because we’re committed to high-quality service that is fast and reliable. You can reach out to our friendly team for AC dehumidifier installation, repair and maintenance.
Are you dealing with hot and dry air instead? We also install and repair humidifiers.
Do I Need to Install a Dehumidifier?
Summers in Ruston can be extremely hot and humid. When you have high humidity levels indoors it can lead to a host of health complications as well as issues for your property. Mold and mildew thrive in warm and humid environments and can be harmful to your health. Even if you can’t spot mold growing in your home, that doesn’t mean it’s not growing behind your walls and within your vents.
High humidity also provides an ideal environment for dust mites to breed and spread. Dust mites lead to allergies and complications for people suffering from asthma. Bacteria will also generally flourish in warm, humid climates.
Symptoms of High Humidity in Your Home
- Look for visible condensation on cooler surfaces like pipes, mirrors, windows and in your basement.
- Keep an eye out for crumbly stucco or wet stains on the ceiling. Moisture may appear as discoloration, which can be hard to spot in certain lighting conditions.
- Check for discoloration or dark spots.
- Check whether surfaces such as shelves, floors and walls feel soft.
- Do you smell mold and mildew? If you’ve been indoors for a long time, try going outdoors for a bit then come back. It’s often easier to detect smells and odors after having some fresh air.
- Allergy symptoms such as wheezing, loss or shortness of breath, severe headaches or chronic cough are typical signs that humidity may be affecting you or your family members.
- Do you hear floorboards creaking excessively or see any peeling paint?
Improve your indoor air quality by calling Albritton Service Co for air cleaner installation services.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Dehumidifier?
- Controls moisture levels
- Improves comfort
- Reduces pest related problems
- Helps with allergies
- Reduces energy costs